Estate Planning Info - Plan to Prosper!
What is an Estate Plan? An "estate plan" is an arrangement for the conservation, investment, use, management, and transfer of a person's property, both during the person's lifetime and after the person's death. The process by which a person's property is arranged so as to gain the maximum benefits of pertinent laws while carrying out the person's wishes for transfer of the property to others is called "estate planning".
What does an Estate Plan achieve? A well thought out estate plan will seek to achieve a variety of objectives. In the typical case, an estate plan will seek to do the following:
1) Create an estate, where none exists, by maximizing opportunities for savings and investment;
2) Conserve an estate, where one already exists, by improving investment and savings techniques and optimizing tax savings opportunities;
3) Create conditions under which the client can optimize use of the estate during the client's lifetime, in accordance with the client's personal preferences and lifestyle;
4) Make plans for the management of the client's property if and when the client should become disabled or incapacitated;
5) Transfer a part of the property to persons or entities of the client's choice during the client's lifetime, to the extent that the client wishes to make such transfers; and
6) Transfer the balance of the property to persons or entities of the client's choice after the client's death.
Estate Planning Forms
Featured Charity: Chico Noon Exchange Club
The Chico Noon Exchange Club was chartered in 1946. Each member of Exchange holds near to their heart three core values: Family, Community and Country.
The Law Offices of Daniel H. Alexander offers a fee consultation to discuss your options for charitable giving through your Estate Plan. Call today!
Plan to Prosper is our motto. Our compassionate Estate Planning team will help you design a plan that is right for you. We will listen to your wishes and needs and develop a plan that will last for years or even generations.
Business planning involves many things including tax planning, liability protection, succession planning, and image. A well planned business is the first step to a well run business. Again, Plan to Prosper!
Our office represents individuals in filing for Ch 7 bankruptcy protection. Our Chico, Roseville and Sacramento offices are conveniently located to serve clients throughout Northern California.
Personal Injury or Contract Dispute
If you have been injured as a result of an automobile or motorcycle accident, unsafe consumer products, falling on a negligently maintained premises, or in a boating or an airplane accident, we can help you eliminate the financial hardship and get the recovery you deserve.